Langhorne Speedway, also known as "The Big Left Turn" was an automobile race track in Middletown Township, Bucks County, near the borough of Langhorne, Pennsylvania, a northern suburb of Philadelphia. High-profile American racing clubs like the American Motorcyclist Association (AMA), American Automobile Association (AAA), and United States Auto Club (USAC) made Langhorne one of the stops on their national circuits. Opened in 1926, this circular one-mile dirt track was known as the "Big Left Turn." It hosted a NASCAR inaugural race in 1949. Notable drivers over the years were Doc Mackenzie, Joie Chitwood, Rex Mays, the Rathmann brothers: Dick and Jim, Lee Petty, Dutch Hoag, Tony Bettenhausen, Eddie Sachs, A.J. Foyt, Parnelli Jones, Bobby and Al Unser, Jim Hurtubise, Don Branson and Mario Andretti raced here in stock, midget, sprint, and Indy cars. Langhorne was reshaped as a "D" and paved in 1965. The National Open Championship run here was regarded as the "Indy of the East." Final race was held in 1971. Langhorne Speedway as seen from the air in 1943. — at Langhorne, PA.
Langhorne Speedway was a circular dirt track from it's inception in 1926 until 1964. In it's final years from 1965 to 1971 the track was paved and a straight away was added to the back section to make it into a D shape configuration. This was done so the promoters could bring in the newer, low slung, rear engine Indy Cars. — at Langhorne, PA.
Trenton Speedway was a racing facility located near Trenton, New Jersey at the New Jersey State Fairgrounds.The first race at the Fairgrounds was held on September 24, 1900, but there was no further racing there until 1907. Regular racing began in 1912 and continued until 1941. A new 1 mile dirt oval was opened in 1946. In 1957 the track was paved. It operated in that configuration until 1968 when the track was expanded to 1.5 miles and a "kidney bean" shape with a 20° right-hand dogleg on the back stretch and a wider turn 3 & 4 complex than turns 1 & 2. The track closed in 1980 and the Fairgrounds itself closed 3 years later. Trenton was a long-time stop for the AAA and USAC Championship Car series. Its first recognized Champ Car race was held in 1949 on the dirt mile. The series didn't return until 1957 when the track was paved, but when it did, at least one Champ Car race was held every year until 1979. The final Champ Car races held in 1979 at the track were sanctioned by CART. During his career A. J. Foyt won twelve Indy Car races at Trenton Speedway. — at Trenton N.J.